Tench

Tench was built in 1936 by W. J. Yarwood and Sons for Fellows, Morton and Clayton Limited. Tench worked as a single motor boat for many years powered by a 9hp Bolinder engine. In the late 1940s, Tench was sold to British Waterways where she continued to work in the north west.

In the early 1970s, Tench was restored by T. Gregory and became part of the Midland Canal Transport fleet in a last attempt to carry on carrying by canals. In Februrary 2011, Tench was bought by Matt and Sarah Parrott who took Tench to Sheet Stores for recessed paneling to be added to the steel back cabin and a new cabin top to be fitted.

The work was completed in a couple of weeks, folded steel panels were welded to the cabin side to recreate the original wooden paneling.