Cedar

Cedar was built in 1935 by W. J. Yarwood and Sons for the Erewash Canal Carrying Company as an unpowered butty boat to be paired with the motor boat Cyprus. Cedar returned to the Erewash Canal in December 2010 for Paul to begin the restoration work on Cedar.

The work undertaken included a new 10mm steel bottom throughout the boat, replacing the bottom 12 inches of footings around the whole boat and removing all the knees in the hold to remove scale before re-riveting them back on.