Holland

Holland was built in 1906 for Fellows, Morton and Clayton Limited as a horse drawn narrowboat carrying general cargoes. In 1937 she was converted to a motor boat by W. J. Yarwood and Sons of Northwich where she was then powered by a single cylinder Bolinder engine.

For many years, Holland has been used as a trip boat, in and around London, until being purchased by her present owners. The trip boat cabin was removed and she was brought to Sheet Stores for steel work to be completed.

The work undertaken on Holland includes re-footing work, new front bulkhead, a new front deck and cants, a new back deck with steel cants, and a new back cabin and riveted engine room.